April 09, 2010

Why are healthy people shunned for wht they r??

22 years of my life.. till date has been a harrowing experience on one front..! issues regarding my weight! relatives, family and (thankfully only few) frds say " oh, the bangalore water has suited u so well", "why r u so lazy?" " my my.. u have grown couple of inches etc"..!!
the icing on the cake being i get lots of gyaan even from strangers and ppl who dont even make a damn diference to me...
earlier.. i used to feel pity on myself because of my genes am fat and healthy . i was totally convinced i was a no-gooder for sure.. thankfully, my inferiority complex hit a low ebb when i shifted base to bangalore.. the vicious complex now rears its ugly head at times and usually when i have INTENSE discussions abt my SUPERBLY OBESE issue with my family..
After viewing the serial "MAHI WAY" on sony tv, i can relate my plight to the protagonist and i hope against hope that people realise how bad a healthy person feels when poked fun @ always..
I believe.. healthy/obese people are the most jovial persons to know and the never-say-die spirit is imbibed in them in huge quantities.!
So what, we dont find clothes our size @ normal stores.. so what our dressing is restricted to indian.. so what,we struggle to be fit, so what, we are poked fun @.. etc..
At the end of the day.. I am proud of what iam ! have learnt the technique of ek kan se suno and dusre se nikaldo..n
this blog is purely written because i wanted to vent out my feelings ! whts better than writing a blog abt it??
no more words following from my fat brain lols...
more to follow...

9 comments:

  1. i never knew dis affected u so much!!
    i knw ur bound to get irritated at times..wht can i say? just bear it with a pinch of salt..
    jst knw tht..u hv a delightful personality and effortless charm!
    to hell with wht a couple of ppl think..
    all i knw is,my sis rocks!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. woah!! did it really matter so much ... :) newas a really refined way to pass the message.... i like it ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ tanu.. thnks..more discussion in person..
    @ anshika.. yes it mattered and still matters a lot.. am so frustrated.. it feels like this is the only BIG black mark for me..
    thnks for appreciating d write up

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey princess dont worry.....as long u hav burning spirit to over come obstacles nothing can stop u...well i did suffer simliar to u ,being bullied for being obese since chidhood i have got used to it by now. I got gyan from mny ppl even weirder comments from strangers pertaining to obesity.i used to get frustated lot .Until i joined spirtuality classes to build up my self esteem . Here i'm believed in myself and never turned back .Well technique of ek kan se suno and dusre se nikaldo really works wonders!! i hav been following tat since 7th grde :)
    so welcome to club..:) Peace.....\../
    RAL

    ReplyDelete
  5. thnks for all d support mr devil shetty !! muah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey!!just like everyone else..even i thought that it didnt matter to u...
    And yes, u r so fun to be with..n such a sweet person..
    Love ur blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ yamini... it mattered a lot.. but i never showed it.. maybe this is one of the reasons of my extra extrovertness..!!
    thnks for the compliments..am blushing !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi dear.... what i discuss abt u to my new friends here at delhi.... is ur good and BINDAASS nature...


    n thats what matter for been a good friend.. [:)]

    let d people say whatever they want, they have habit of not looking at themselves first.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks... but am sorry..i didnt who is this.!
    ur profile is not being displayed!

    ReplyDelete